Updated: 3rd August 2014
These Terms of Service apply to all users of the FlyCatcher Service. Information provided by our users through the FlyCatcher Service may contain links to third party websites that are not owned or controlled by FlyCatcher. FlyCatcher has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party websites. In addition, FlyCatcher will not and cannot censor or edit the content of any third-party site. By using the Service, you expressly acknowledge and agree that FlyCatcher shall not be responsible for any damages, claims or other liability arising from or related to your use of any third-party website.
- In order to access and use the features of the Service, you acknowledge and agree that you will have to provide FlyCatcher with your mobile phone number. You expressly acknowledge and agree that in order to provide the Service, FlyCatcher may periodically access your contact list and/or address book on your mobile device to find and keep track of mobile phone numbers of other users of the Service. When providing your mobile phone number, you must provide accurate and complete information. You hereby give your express consent to FlyCatcher to access your contact list and/or address book for mobile phone numbers in order to provide and use the Service. We do not collect names, addresses or email addresses, just mobile phone numbers. You must notify FlyCatcher immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your mobile phone. Although FlyCatcher will not be liable for your losses caused by any unauthorized use of your account, you may be liable for the losses of FlyCatcher or others due to such unauthorized use.
- You agree not to use or launch any automated system, including without limitation, "robots," "spiders," "offline readers," etc. or "load testers" such as wget, apache bench, mswebstress, httpload, blitz, Xcode Automator, Android Monkey, etc., that accesses the Service in a manner that sends more request messages to the FlyCatcher servers in a given period of time than a human can reasonably produce in the same period by using a FlyCatcher application, and you are forbidden from ripping the content unless specifically allowed. Notwithstanding the foregoing, FlyCatcher grants the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from the website for the sole purpose of creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials. FlyCatcher reserves the right to revoke these exceptions either generally or in specific cases. While we don't disallow the use of sniffers such as Ethereal, tcpdump or HTTPWatch in general, we do disallow any efforts to reverse-engineer our system, our protocols, or explore outside the boundaries of the normal requests made by FlyCatcher clients. We have to disallow using request modification tools such as fiddler or whisker, or the like or any other such tools activities that are meant to explore or harm, penetrate or test the site. You must secure our permission before you measure, test, health check or otherwise monitor any network equipment, servers or assets hosted on our domain. You agree not to collect or harvest any personally identifiable information, including phone number, from the Service, nor to use the communication systems provided by the Service for any commercial solicitation or spam purposes. You agree not to spam, or solicit for commercial purposes, any users of the Service.
Intellectual Property Rights
The design of the FlyCatcher Service along with FlyCatcher created text, scripts, graphics, interactive features and the like, except Check-in's and ZAP Submissions, and the trademarks, service marks and logos contained therein ("Marks"), are owned by or licensed to FlyCatcher, subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights under INDIA Jurisdiction and foreign laws and international conventions. The Service is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use only. FlyCatcher reserves all rights not expressly granted in and to the Service. You agree to not engage in the use, copying, or distribution of any of the Service other than expressly permitted herein, including any use, copying, or distribution of Submissions of third parties obtained through the Service for any commercial purposes.
User Check-In and Zap Submissions
- The FlyCatcher Service allows FlyCatcher users to send checkin status text, zap message, profile photos and other communications submitted by you, as well as the automatic submission of your “last caught” location status (collectively, the "Submissions"). These Submissions may be hosted, shared, and/or published as part of the FlyCatcher Service, and may be visible to other users of the Service who have your mobile phone number in their mobile phone and which you have not expressly blocked. For clarity, direct messages, location data that you send directly to other FlyCatcher users will only be viewable by those FlyCatcher user(s) you directly send such information; but Submissions may be globally viewed by FlyCatcher users that have your mobile phone number on their smartphone, unless the user is blocked by you. Currently. You acknowledge and agree that any Submissions may be globally viewed by users that have your mobile phone number, so don’t submit or post status checkins or profile photos that you don’t want to be seen globally. A good rule of thumb is if you don’t want the whole world to know something or see something, don’t submit it as a Status Submission to the Service. The submission of your 'last caught' location status is done on an automatic basis. As clarified in the following section, you retain your ownership rights in your Submissions. You understand that whether or not such Submissions are published, FlyCatcher does not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any submissions.
- You shall be solely responsible for your own Submissions and the consequences of posting or publishing them. Because FlyCatcher is only acting as a repository of data, user submitted statuses do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of FlyCatcher, and FlyCatcher makes no guarantees as to the validity, accuracy or legal status of any status. In connection with Submissions, you affirm, represent, and/or warrant that: (i) you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to use and authorize FlyCatcher to use all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights in and to any and all Submissions to enable inclusion and use of the Submissions in the manner contemplated by the Service and these Terms of Service; and (ii) you have the written consent, release, and/or permission of each and every identifiable individual person in the Submission to use the name or likeness of each and every such identifiable individual person to enable inclusion and use of the Submissions in the manner contemplated by the Service and these Terms of Service. To be clear: you retain all of your ownership rights in your Submissions, but you have to have the rights in the first place. However, by submitting the Submissions to FlyCatcher, you hereby grant FlyCatcher a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicenseable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the Submissions in connection with the FlyCatcher Service and FlyCatcher's (and its successor's) business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the FlyCatcher Service (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels. You also hereby grant each subscriber to your status on the FlyCatcher Service a non-exclusive license to access your Submissions through the Service. The foregoing license granted by you terminates once you remove or delete a Submission from the FlyCatcher Service.
- In connection with Submissions, you further agree that you will not: (i) submit material that is copyrighted, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful owner to post the material and to grant FlyCatcher all of the license rights granted herein; (ii) publish falsehoods or misrepresentations that could damage FlyCatcher or any third party; (iii) submit material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, violate any law, or is otherwise inappropriate; (iv) post advertisements or solicitations of business; (v) impersonate another person; (vi) send or store material containing software viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other harmful computer code, files, scripts, agents or programs; (vii) interfere with or disrupt the integrity or performance of the Service or the data contained therein; or (viii) attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Service or its related systems or networks.
- Adult content must be identified as such. FlyCatcher does not endorse any Status Submission or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein, and FlyCatcher expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with Submissions. FlyCatcher does not permit copyright infringing activities and infringement of intellectual property rights via its Service, and FlyCatcher will remove all content and Submissions if properly notified that such content or Submission infringes on another's intellectual property rights. To file a copyright infringement notification, please send a written communication that includes substantially the following (see Section 512(c)(3) of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act): (i) A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; (ii) Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works; (iii) Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material, including the mobile phone number of the FlyCatcher user allegedly infringing the copyrighted work; (iv) Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted; (v) A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (vi) A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed. Such takedown notices may be emailed to support at FlyCatcher.com. FlyCatcher reserves the right to remove content and Submissions without prior notice. FlyCatcher may also terminate a user's access to the Service, if they are determined to be a repeat infringer, or for any or no reason, including being annoying. A repeat infringer is a User who has been notified of infringing activity more than once and/or has had a Status Submission removed from the Service more than twice. An annoying person is anyone who is (capriciously or not) determined to be annoying by authorized FlyCatcher employees, agents, subagents, superagents or superheros. FlyCatcher also reserves the right to decide whether content or a Status Submission is appropriate and complies with these Terms of Service for violations other than copyright infringement and violations of intellectual property law, such as, but not limited to excessive length or limited interest. FlyCatcher may remove such Submissions and/or terminate a User's access for uploading such material in violation of these Terms of Service at any time, without prior notice and at its sole discretion.
- You understand that when using the FlyCatcher Service you will be exposed to Submissions from a variety of sources, and that FlyCatcher is not responsible for the accuracy, usefulness, safety, or intellectual property rights of or relating to such Submissions, and that such Submissions are not the responsibility of FlyCatcher. You further understand and acknowledge that you may be exposed to Submissions that are inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable, and you agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against FlyCatcher with respect thereto, and agree to indemnify and hold FlyCatcher, its officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates, and/or licensors, harmless to the fullest extent allowed by law regarding all matters related to your use of the FlyCatcher Service.
- FlyCatcher permits you to link to materials on the Service for personal purposes only. FlyCatcher reserves the right to discontinue any aspect of the FlyCatcher Service at any time.
YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE FlyCatcher SERVICE SHALL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, FlyCatcher, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICE AND YOUR USE THEREOF. FlyCatcher MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THIS SERVICE'S CONTENT AND ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT, (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR SERVICE, (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM OUR SERVICE, (IV) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR SERVICE THROUGH THE ACTIONS OF ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (V) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONSIN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE FlyCatcher SERVICE. FlyCatcher DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE FlyCatcher SERVICE OR ANY HYPERLINKED WEBSITE OR FEATURED IN ANY USER STATUS SUBMISSION OR OTHER ADVERTISING, AND FlyCatcher WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. AS WITH THE PURCHASE OF A PRODUCT OR SERVICE THROUGH ANY MEDIUM OR IN ANY ENVIRONMENT, YOU SHOULD USE YOUR BEST JUDGMENT AND EXERCISE CAUTION WHERE APPROPRIATE. AND AGAIN, USE THIS JUST FOR FUN.
Limitation of Liability
YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT FlyCatcher SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR USER SUBMISSIONS OR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY AND THAT THE RISK OF HARM OR DAMAGE FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU.
The Service is controlled and offered by FlyCatcher from its facilities in INDIA. FlyCatcher makes no representations that the FlyCatcher Service is appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who access or use the FlyCatcher Service from other jurisdictions do so at their own volition and are responsible for compliance with local law.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless FlyCatcher, its parent corporation, officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees) arising from: (i) your use of and access to the FlyCatcher Service; (ii) your violation of any term of these Terms of Service; (iii) your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property, or privacy right; or (iv) any claim that one of your Submissions caused damage to a third party. This defense and indemnification obligation will survive these Terms of Service and your use of the FlyCatcher Service. We don't support or encourage illegal consumption of alcohol or tobacco, so there.
Ability to Accept Terms of Service
You affirm that you are either more than 12 years of age, or an emancipated minor, or possess legal parental or guardian consent, and are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in these Terms of Service, and to abide by and comply with these Terms of Service. In any case, you affirm that you are at least 12 years old as the FlyCatcher Service is not intended for children under 12. If you are under 12 years of age, you are not permitted to use the FlyCatcher Service. You further represent and warrant that you are not located in a country that is subject to a INDIA Government embargo, or that has been designated by the INDIAN Government as a” terrorist-supporting” country, and that you are not listed on any INDIAN Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
These Terms of Service, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by FlyCatcher without restriction.
The Information FlyCatcher Collects
FlyCatcher may obtain the following types of information from or concerning you or your mobile phone device, which may include information that can be used to identify you as specified below (“Personally Identifying Information”):
User Provided Information
You provide certain Personally Identifiable Information, such as your mobile phone number, push notification name (if applicable), billing information (if applicable) and mobile device information to FlyCatcher when choosing to participate in various uses of the FlyCatcher Service, such as registering as a user. In order to provide the FlyCatcher Service, FlyCatcher will periodically access your address book or contact list on your mobile phone to locate the mobile phone numbers of other FlyCatcher users (“in-network” numbers), or otherwise categorize other mobile phone numbers as “out-network” numbers, which are stored as one-way irreversibly hashed values.
When you visit the FlyCatcher Site, we may send one or more cookies - a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters - to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser. FlyCatcher uses both session cookies and persistent cookies. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser help file directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, the FlyCatcher Site may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
Log File Information
When you use the FlyCatcher Site, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser language, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time of your request, one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser, your phone number, phone number you are requesting the status of and various status information. When you use the FlyCatcher Service, our servers log certain general information that our application sends whenever a message is sent or received, or if you update or request any status information, including time and date stamps and the mobile phone numbers the messages were sent from and to.
The Information FlyCatcher Does Not Collect
FlyCatcher does not collect names, emails, addresses or other contact information from its users’ mobile address book or contact lists other than mobile phone numbers—the FlyCatcher mobile application will associate whatever name the FlyCatcher user has assigned to the mobile telephone number in his/her mobile address book or contact list — and this occurs dynamically on the mobile device itself and not on FlyCatcher’s servers and is not transmitted to FlyCatcher. This means that if you have your friend’s mobile phone number associated with the name “John” in your mobile address book, that’s the name that will appear for that mobile phone number in your FlyCatcher contact list. Users may share their location with other users via the FlyCatcher Service.
The contents of messages that have been delivered by the FlyCatcher Service are not copied, kept or archived by FlyCatcher in the normal course of business. Using data service through a user’s phone (either via cell network or wifi). Users type their Zap, which are sent via data service to our servers, and routed to the intended recipient (who must also be a FlyCatcher user), if that recipient is online. If the recipient is not online, the undelivered zap is held in FlyCatcher’s server until it can be delivered. If the zap is undelivered for some days, the undelivered zap is deleted from our servers. Once a zap has been delivered, it no longer resides on our servers. The contents of any delivered zap are not kept or retained by FlyCatcher — the only records of the content of any delivered messages reside directly on the sender’s and recipient’s mobile devices (and which may be deleted at the user’s option). Notwithstanding the above, FlyCatcher may retain date and time stamp information associated with successfully delivered messages and the mobile phone numbers involved in the messages, as well as any other information which FlyCatcher is legally compelled to collect.
The Way FlyCatcher Uses Information
When FlyCatcher Discloses Information
Other users of the FlyCatcher Service may see your Submissions in a way that is consistent with the use of the FlyCatcher Service.
We do not sell or share your Personally Identifiable Information (such as mobile phone number) with other third-party companies for their commercial or marketing use without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out. We may share your Personally Identifiable Information with third party service providers to the extent that it is reasonably necessary to perform, improve or maintain the FlyCatcher Service. We may share non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous User usage data, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform types, asset views, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third-parties to assist them in understanding the usage patterns for certain content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality on the FlyCatcher Site. We may collect and release Personally Identifiable Information and/or non-personally-identifiable information if required to do so by law, or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as INDIA Copyright Law), international law or respond to a court order, subpoena, or search warrant or equivalent, or where in our reasonable belief, an individual’s physical safety may be at risk or threatened. FlyCatcher also reserves the right to disclose Personally Identifiable Information and/or non-personally-identifiable information that FlyCatcher believes, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to enforce our Terms of Service, take precautions against liability, to investigate and defend itself against any third-party claims or allegations, to assist government enforcement agencies, to protect the security or integrity of the FlyCatcher Site or our servers, and to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of FlyCatcher, our users or others.
Third-party Advertisers, Links to Other Sites
We are not fans of advertising. FlyCatcher is currently ad-free and we hope to keep it that way forever. We have no intention to introduce advertisement into the product, but if we ever do, will update this section.
Our Commitment To Data Security
FlyCatcher uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to FlyCatcher and you do so at your own risk. Using unsecured wifi or other unprotected networks to submit data through the FlyCatcher Service is never recommended. Once we receive your transmission of information, FlyCatcher makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. If FlyCatcher learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. FlyCatcher may post a notice on the FlyCatcher Site or through the FlyCatcher Service if a security breach occurs.
Our Commitment To Childrens' Privacy
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, FlyCatcher does not knowingly collect or maintain Personally Identifiable Information or non-personally-identifiable information on the FlyCatcher Site or FlyCatcher Service from persons under 12 years of age, and no part of the FlyCatcher Service is directed to or intended to be used by persons under 12. If you are under 12 years of age, then please do not use the FlyCatcher Service or access the FlyCatcher Site at any time or in any manner. If FlyCatcher learns that Personally Identifiable Information of persons under 12 years of age has been collected on the FlyCatcher Site or FlyCatcher Service, then FlyCatcher may deactivate the account and/or make the Submissions inaccessible. And always, think of the children!
Special Note to International Users
In the Event of Merger, Sale, or Bankruptcy
In the event that FlyCatcher is acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right to transfer or assign the information we have collected from our users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the (hopefully) unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors' rights generally, we may not be able to control how your personal information is treated, transferred, or used.
FlyCatcher may track your location and keep it on FlyCather's Server. FlyCatcher may not be response for any wrong or un-identified location, as location is tracked by your Mobile Phone's network or GPS. FlyCatcher Team suggest all the FlyCatcher users to switch on the GPS.
Location Details are kept private with FlyCatcher Service unless or untill any user dont access your location by having your number in their contact list
Changes and updates to this Privacy Notice
ALL DISPUTES ARE SUBJECTED TO PUNJAB JURISDICTION
'FlyCatcher' and 'FlyCatcher' logos are trademarks of Devils Infotech. FlyCatcher is a Product of Devils Infotech. FlyCatcher for Android is built using open source softwares.